View Single Post
Old 09-02-2018, 05:38 PM   #380
HO455
Post Whore

Re: Working Man's Burbon

Thanks Leon. It passed the slosh test!
The tank went back in with no problems. Well there was one glitch. I made the piece of hose on the new port too short. That made it impossible to move the hard line to the side enough to lift that side of the tank into place. I replaced it with a piece that is 3/4" longer and now there is plenty of flex to get the tank up in place.
One other side note. Last summer I replaced all the rubber fuel Ines on the truck and now I find that the 5/16" hose I had installed has started to degrade. Most of the ends are hard and cracked. The outside and the insides seem OK it was just the areas that were in contact with the tubing. (Photo) This time I got some European hose with the woven covering. I have used it in the past on motorcycles with good results. There are two down sides, it is more expensive and it only comes in metric sizes.
Now I think about it I probably cracked the solder joint on the sender putting the new hose on last summer. Dhoo!
Attached Images

If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote