View Single Post
Old 09-03-2018, 09:12 AM   #39
TexasT

Re: 427 SBC & 4L80e build

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72K5CSTDarkOlive View Post
With the big cam I'm going to have to convert to hydroboost. Got a set of brackets for the hydroboost from CaptainFab. The hydro unit came from Power Brake Exchange here in San Jose. pwrbrake.com

This particular unit came off a 90's P30 Chevy Step Van. For the MC I needed to step up to a 1 1/8" bore. Everything looks to line up perfectly.
What made it need to a 1.125" bore on the mc? Rear Disk upgrade? I love the hydroboost set up. I think they work great on my stuff, though I just used stock stuff on mine.

That bare block is SEXXY!

I'd like to know the particulars of the 4l80e build also. Did the tc just require a new 32 spline input? I know that is what I did to the np246 I put together for our Burb when the pump rub took out the original.

Great build! Keep On Keeping on. My neighbors would be having a coronary if I had our truck on stands for more then an afternoon.

Looks like they dynoed with a carb? Timing stated to be 40*. Is this locked there or are you running a dist with vac advance and mech advance or one? I'm no guru but the bsfc looks low and the engine might could use some tuning to get more out of it. Either way it DEFINATELY makes PAH! Will they be making any pulls with your fuelie setup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadheadNM View Post
Too cool! Did you have to update any of the parking brake cables for use with the rear disc brakes? What happened with the OEM fuel tank - available?
I think this guy wants to acquire your original tank.

Last edited by TexasT; 09-03-2018 at 09:18 AM. Reason: added
TexasT is offline   Reply With Quote