View Single Post
Old 09-03-2018, 09:12 PM   #147
joedoh

Re: Wamego: 1949 GMC 150

I took yesterday off for the holiday of bbq and family, so that left me free on labor day to work!

got the mounts moved in 1 1/2" on each side. there was at least 2" of clearance on the current tires, and the new tires are 2" larger diameter so 1 only more inch closer (radii), but I decided that I didnt want something simple NOW open-hand slapping my nuts LATER when everything is harder to get to.

IMG_1001 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_1002 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

I had the holes cut for the rad but its supposed to rain some more this week so I started on the bed. I used the forklift to yank the metal floor out after cutting all the tack welds, then cut the center out and took off the aprons and stub running boards, and cut some rough wheel arches in the bed sides. then I trimmed the s10 floor to 50 inches, and put the bed on the truck first and then the s10 floor in the middle. thats where I stopped today, its not done by a long shot but at least its all there ready to be adjusted and welded.

IMG_0996 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_0997 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_0998 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_0999 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_1003 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_1005 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_1007 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_1008 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

as I am typing this, it is raining BUCKETS, so I am glad its all inside and ready to be adjusted/welded. poor spiders on that wood had a safe haven under the steel, and now they are drowning.

more to come

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote