View Single Post
Old 09-06-2018, 06:32 PM   #3
joedoh

Re: Wamego: 1949 GMC 150

thanks jim! still plugging

I cut the inners to make room for the rad, I have done this before (using the original S10 rad) and its nice because you keep the trans cooler and dont need to really adapt anything, even the rad hoses fit. and you know for a fact the rad will cool the engine. on the last one I was even able to use the s10 fan shroud!

IMG_1025 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

the rad has to sit up a little higher than stock because of the power steering lines, but it still fits under the hood.
IMG_1026 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

start with cardboard templates, this side can be a c channel because I took out the superfluous oil cooler, then duplicate in steel with tabs to weld in.

IMG_1027 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_1028 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_1030 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_1032 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_1057 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

passenger side. this side will need further modification for the AC condenser lines, and for the rad/lower trans cooler hoses to go along the inner fender.
IMG_1033 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_1058 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

I think I used all my clamps (at least as many as I could find in a short time) on holding this in to check the fit. but it fits, and has room to sandwich the condenser. the width of the core is only about an inch wider on each sid than the opening in the 49 core support, so plenty of airflow is expected.

IMG_1056 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_1055 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_1054 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

once I get the holes for the rad rubber bushings cut and the condenser test fit I will weld it all up. today I went after a seat though, called around and one shop said "we have more that need work that arent listed on the website" so I took a drive. found this beauty in a public school transport suburban, I am guessing public school because of the cage haha. it was already recovered once but I will recover it again. (well have it done)

IMG_1066 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

they let me wander around to look at seats so I had the run of the place for a while. I have a plan for a steering wheel but I got the bench and this wheel (GMC!) for 75 buckaroos.

IMG_1060 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

saw these rare wagons languishing there too.
IMG_1069 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_1074 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

ran the seat to the upholstery shop and right out his back door found these, never can tell what is in peoples back yards.

IMG_1080 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_1082 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_1083 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

I went with a nice chili red, no picture but think of cinnamon hearts. got matching carpet and some extra pleats made for the door panels. no picture but he works fast. expensive day, but worth it!

more coming!

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote