View Single Post
Old 09-10-2018, 12:36 AM   #386
HO455
Post Whore

Exclamation Re: Working Man's Burbon

The engine is back together and running good. I put about 25 miles on it today and it runs nice and smooth. I spent some time filing the header gasket flanges (Now it dawns on me that I should have gotten before and after photos.) and it seems to have made a difference as the engine is really quiet inside. I must have had some small leaks that weren't bad enough to be annoying but definitely added to the engine noise in the cab. I replaced the fuel pressure regulator (It was pretty much just unbolt the old one and put the new one in its place) and now at idle with the radio off the you can hear the fuel passing through the regulator as it cycles. I may have to mount it on some kind of sound dampener. I have checked the fuel pressure 3 times now and it is the same every time! I tore the old regulator apart and it looked as if the diaphragm was leaking past.
It took what seemed like forever for the oil to finally finsh burning out of the exhaust. I was starting to wonder if I had another problem. But it all seems good at this point. I felt so confident I took the the better half out to dinner in it.
Attached Images

If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote