View Single Post
Old 09-10-2018, 09:48 PM   #10
joedoh

Re: Wamego: 1949 GMC 150

bill give it a minute! you to old57, hey there is a show this weekend right around the corner, yours drives, if mine drives we should crash it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advanced Design View Post
It was good your wife was home so you could push the truck outside by yourself.

she AND my daughter were BOTH home this morning, so I got the bed AND front clip off by myself.

IMG_1157 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

I got all the fender bolts out except the core side, because my dumb butt thought you could change the fender without changing the inner. even though I just put the other side together. HUBRIS!

found a leaf spring bolt in my parts stash and thought I better change it out for that one I cut before I did something galactically stupid like try to drive it. the extension was to tap the old one out without losing the spring, but there was almost no tension on it.

IMG_1158 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_1159 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

got the front sanded and painted right after lunch (missing the areas I had to weld) and the rear painted right before dinner.

IMG_1160 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_1165 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

all the mounts are finish welded now.

IMG_1168 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

just need gussets, and a couple "cab-off" tasks (like fuel line hookups, driveshaft, exhaust fix and O2 wiring) and its ready for final assembly. plan is to drive this weekend, I have a new contract starting next tuesday, lets see how my luck holds out.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393

Last edited by joedoh; 09-10-2018 at 09:53 PM.
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote