View Single Post
Old 09-12-2018, 09:42 AM   #11
Pearly72

Re: PVC hose to???? (updated carb)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geezer#99 View Post
A bolt!
Yup! Strange things you see used to plug a vacuum hole.
Hopefully the threads are still good.
You can remove that bolt and put your pcv hose there.
You’ll need a fitting to hook it up.
Parts stores have them. Sometimes plumbing sections in hardware stores have them.
Look here. Top row on the right is what you need.
https://www.classicindustries.com/sh...uum%20Fittings

What’s the big yellow cap covering on the top of the carb?
And what do you have for a breather on your valve cover?
I was afraid my hunches were right with that bolt when i was looking last night. I was thinking the same... Hopefully the threads are still good. Who does that?!?! However, when i was looking at comparable carbs of the same model, they had bolts in the back... But, this one on mine looks like a construction bolt. SMH!

Hopefully they have the fittings at a NAPA or any other store, so i can test fit first.

As far as a breather, it's on the opposite side and is a combo with the fill cap. The yellow plug appears to be some sort of cap.… or maybe a support for the air cleaner? I'll investigate further when i have some time and get to know this truck.

Geezer, i appreciate your assistance. I was hoping that with the limited time I have right now to get these odds and ends on my truck zipped up, my mechanic would work on these little things, because he's meticulous. But, he likes quick and easy jobs. Thank you for your willingness to jump on helping me out!
Pearly72 is offline   Reply With Quote