Thread: WIW section?
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2018, 12:53 AM   #15
joedoh

Re: WIW section?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
Sometimes its nice to get the opinions of others that are in to the same hobby as you are as to the value of parts and such. Its even more interesting because it comes from all parts of the country.

I dont agree with this, asking someone their opinion of value when they arent interested in buying can get dicey. people PAY for appraisals on things that are valuable, houses, cars, diamonds, etc. if I ask my neighbor what my house is worth, even living right next door, he wont know the first damn thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
And of course you will always get the helpful answer of ... Its whatever someone is willing to pay for it.
I agree with this, even if you said it ironically or even just tongue-in-cheek. if you want to know what something is worth, look up previous items for sale on ebay, or google it. an asking price doesnt really equate to a selling price, and auction histories can account for nuances you arent aware of, but still its better than asking your cheering section what you can expect.

I am not singling out your post for any particular reason CG, its just the one that caught my eye.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote