Thread: WIW section?
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2018, 02:11 PM   #19
joedoh

Re: WIW section?

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
^^^ I think you are mixing your comparison up. Asking one uninterested party the value an item vs asking a large community of people familiar with these items who may or may not have interest are quite different situations. You get multiple answers to help form a value. The same thing happens looking at Ebay for values. You'll see the same item sell from $50-$150 because each sale varies. But you can figure it's worth somewhere in that range with $100 as the medium.

Another thing you are overlooking is there are many of us who are here to be helpful. That is actually what this site is about, a resource for help on these trucks. Those members feel a sense of community and fellowship with this group. Spending time here you get to know who the genuine people are and who is here for what. There are some who seem to only be here to make money off of the others. They only visit the parts board and snatch up the good deals so they can resale at a profit. Obviously they are not the ones to ask. And you do get people trying to buy off a WIW which is like seeing greed itself to me. Here is a person who goes to a specific forum to FIRST establish a price PRIOR to putting up for sale and the first response is "I'll take it" . So ridiculous. With no price established and offering no help, only concerned with "getting". If I were the one asking value I'd tell the person 3x what I think it's worth. Hey, you said you'll take it!
I am not mixing up my comparison, and I did not overlook the people who love to help. I happen to think that people who vote on a price with their WALLET instead of their best intentions are the drivers of value, which is why I suggested going to ebay where the parts have actually sold.

many times I have also be disappointed by high estimates from helpful people who 1) would not buy it at that price or even half, and 2) after it sells for a lower price will say "oh you gave that away". well, it was theirs for the asking at the price they told me to expect. conversely, many times I have been discouraged by local response and flat out surprised by ebay response, in a good way, usually 20-50% HIGHER sales price.

I get the sneaky guys too, when selling, who try to lowball and resell. the thing about them is they are up front with their price and their offer is in cash. the funny thing about opinions of value is that they dont exactly fold and fit in my wallet the way genuine offers, even from lowballers, do.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote