View Single Post
Old 09-16-2018, 02:16 PM   #4
Todd68Chevy

Re: In bed spare tire bolt/ nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeveedee View Post
Hard to tell from the picture, but is the nut tapered like a lug nut? If it is, it could go into a lug nut hole on the wheel. I bought an aftermarket spare tire holder; it has a strap, not a washer. I don't know what the factory set up looked like, I have an under bed mount which I am not going to use. I'm not even sure it is all there.
I really hadn't looked but yes it actually looks like a lug nut with the handle welded on to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtb1971 View Post
Not sure on the hardware because it's impossible to find That spare holder looks to be a square body holder as the 67-72's have different mounting feet. So maybe someone with 73+ knowledge would chime in.
You are correct. I got it from a guy who only had 67-72 parts so I assumed it was 67-72 but
Now that you point that out, I just checked and you are correct. It is square body. Thanks for the heads up before I scewed up.
Attached Images

I currently own: 1940 Chevy Fire truck (project), 1946 Chevy truck (project), 1946 Chevy 1 Ton pick up, 1953 Chevy school bus (storage area), 1968 Chevy C10 (I have drove for 26 years), 1994 Chevy C2500 (daily driver), 2005 GMC crew cab K2500 (parts hauler) and more trucks for parts.
Todd68Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote