View Single Post
Old 09-20-2018, 09:59 PM   #1346
special-K
Special Order

Re: My Facetruck thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsolver72 View Post
Probably should’ve started my own thread, well hope you enjoy the pics.
Making that Sledsel emblem was a great idea. I bet he was looking at it and suddenly it hit him. I bought a '78 shortbed once that had a Harley Davidson sticker on the back window, just the letters. I didn't have a bike at that time so was contemplating taking it off until I was looking at it and I realized all the letters for Silverado were in there. Pretty amazing all those letters are in there. I removed that sticker, bought another, and created the silverado sticker. Yep, no capital S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Bee View Post
house in Lowry City that grandpa built.. yes, grandma is standing on a lower step
That's some great stuff there. Wew, asbestos siding. Big sales pitch for that stuff was "It will outlive you" . Nah, it's safe and stable sitting there on the house. But cutting was not too good...although it's nly like 3% asbestos.

My dad's father I never met and my mom's died when I was maybe 6. So I missed out on the grandfather experience. I really like that old fellers, though. Now they are my dad's (Rest his soul) age.

Today I did a job for a 93 year old feller. He still drives and he brought the ladder up onto the deck for me to use. I think he would have climbed it and done the work if the family hadn't told him to stick to the ground (good idea). He is sharp as a tack and I enjoy my time talking with him. I just want to kid with him all the time to get him going. What's neat is I'm working on a cabin on the water that his wife's family, then he, has owned since 1927. Very neat rustic place you drove the Model T down for the weekend. There was a train that ran from Baltimore to Annapolis that I'm sure was a popu;ar way still to get down there.

Then tomorrow I'm meeting Roy, a 79 year old feller from the Shenandoah Valley (Fort Valley within, actually). He's buying a power steering box, pump, and hoses to put on his '61 Apache. I can't wait to meet him. He says he's been fooling with these trucks for 60 years.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote