View Single Post
Old 09-22-2018, 12:52 AM   #1888
MARTINSR

Re: What did you do with your truck today, Part 3

My goal tonight, and an easy one I thought was to finish the rad support making it ready to be powder coated. Things were going well until I opened my eyes to see what I didn't want to see, there is some serious rust on the bottom that needs to be repaired. The power of the mind (yes even mine) is amazing, I have worked and worked this and didn't see this, seeing damage is what I do for a living but at home, I missed it because I didn't want to see it.

It also floors me that I have a rad support that was on the truck that had no rust, but I cut it up 20 years ago to do a Camaro clip that I soon figured out was NOT the way to go. So there is this rad support with no rust cut up that I will be throwing away, geeez.

Anyway, I will probably spend the whole weekend at the very least making repairing this rust, will probably have to make the inner support from scratch, we will see, maybe I will get a piece of angle iron, but I will see tomorrow.

Brian
Attached Images

"Fan of most anything that moves human beings"
MARTINSR is offline   Reply With Quote