View Single Post
Old 09-26-2018, 01:21 PM   #9
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Re: Anyone have a SWB fleet, 2WD leaf springs & rear sport bumper? Could use some he

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71CHEVYSHORTBED402 View Post
SUCCESS: I put this on another venue and got a golden response. The guy has two 67 SWB GMC trucks with rear leaf springs. Not sure if they're 2WD or 4WD yet, I suspect they're 2WD. 4x4 may not be relevant anyway.

One of his trucks has the original sport bumper and brackets, and those brackets are shown below. On top of that he tried using the "4X4" brackets to install a sport bumper on his other 67, which didn't fit. He ended up with the brackets for a coil spring truck, made a slight modification to the bracket to clear a rivet and done. He's going to provide a picture of his replacements later tonight.

The original brackets look far more like the replacements for a coil spring truck. They appear the same less a small mod to clear a rivet on a leaf spring truck.

I haven't a clue what the brackets I have fit. Maybe a LWB. It's a good bet they're not for a 2WD SWB leaf spring truck. BTW, page 449 in the assembly manual

He confirmed his trucks are 2WD. Safe to say a 2WD SWB with leaf springs and a sport bumper use bumper brackets for "a coil spring truck".
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring the truck from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s details, OEM identifications & part numbers, written in short order. 700+ images of assm., illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote