View Single Post
Old 09-30-2018, 07:13 PM   #2610
Vic1947

Re: Crusty Rusty Leaky Squeaky 67 Step

Thanks again, everyone. Means a lot to me!

We've been busy remodeling, so haven't been posting much. But there was a local swap meet this weekend which presented a perfect opportunity to clean off some shelves (which puts a smile on Kathy's face.) So Friday afternoon, I took CRLS over to Chip's (LowElco) to borrow his utility trailer. Loaded it up yesterday and we were in line this morning at the crack of dawn. By lunchtime, we'd moved $800 worth of gently used parts and headed home. Unloaded what didn't sell and took the trailer back to Chip's place.

This is where my really great day headed into the crapper. As I was angling to get the trailer backed into Chip's driveway, the high pressure line from the PS pump that feeds into the Hydraboost blew up. By the time either of us realized what had happened, I'd dumped a quart of PS fluid onto the neighbor's driveway, all the way across the street right up to Chip's driveway. I couldn't have made a bigger mess if I tried on purpose. What you see in the photos is AFTER Chip and I spent about 20 minutes grinding oil absorbent into the pavement. Chip called me awhile ago and said after I left with the tow truck he'd used a brew of Mean Green, Dawn and water from the garden hose which helped a lot.

Soooo... Crusty went home on the hook (again!) and is now sitting in the shop with Pig Mat under it everywhere. Turns out the culprit was the crimped end of the hose I got from CPP. At first I assumed it was the end I cut and assembled with the fitting and ferrule they sent, but it was the swaged end instead. Going to call them tomorrow and ask if they've seen this before, and if they have, do they have a solution.

I'll be cancelling my appointment at the upholstery shop tomorrow. Had planned to have them pull the custom inner door panels so I can rework the (occasionally balky) door handles. Will have to save that for another day.
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote