View Single Post
Old 10-07-2018, 09:40 PM   #909
3757chevy

Re: post up your camping pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoomad75 View Post
Hey Bronco's are pretty cool. I've even been upside down in a 70 Bronco one time. Not the most fun thing to do and might have been less painful with the seat belts bolted in and used, but I was a dumb kid in my buddy's ride.

Medano Pass is a nice easy run, but very pretty at the same time. I've camped just down from the summit on the dunes side at the edge of the creek. I want to take a weekend and do just that, camp above the dunes (usually free of the touristas staying in the dunes campgrounds), wheel out of the park (hint hint, you don't have to pay the national park entry fee if you come in off of the pass) and then drive up to Villa Grove on 285, turn and go east over Hayden pass. Camp on the pass somewhere and then drive down back to hwy 50 and back home. Again, it's not a crazy rock crawling trail, but just rough enough to keep the Subaru's and other Crossover's off of it.

You need to get that K5 out on some dirt. Once you gain some elevation you really don't need air conditioning anyway.
Well Rob I took the Wife Today to look at the fall colors and convinced her to take the K5 ,We stopped for lunch on the tailgate and took a short drive off the pavement 2 times, YES twice We had a good day . A fast 4 hours, nothing overnight.
Attached Images

MIKE
3757chevy is offline   Reply With Quote