View Single Post
Old 10-12-2018, 03:58 PM   #28
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Re: WDYWOOTW the 2018 edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffahart View Post
I too think that Home page needs a face lift, it's a poor representation of the site.

Here's what I would do. All that verbiage, parse it down. Maybe something like.

67-72 Truck Fourm worlds largest classic truck data repository.
An open meida for classic chevy trucks . With a big fat search box!

Below the minimalist verbiage, instead of what looks like forum threads. Gut that. If you're having trouble keeping dynamic content updated... make it a static magazine layout.

Have pictures with captions that look like magazine covers to articles/threads. Have a few. Make them link to a thread or article that corresponds to the cover.

You have the content, display it! There are a crap load of cool "how to" threads here. You can appeal to customizers, daily drivers, just keep the junk running types, you have it all. Stickies are nice but they blend and are on the forums. Let your home page show what's in here.... there's a lot.

My two cents, keep up the great work!

j
Appreciated. However the issue was more of life got in the way and it was neglected. Agreed fully on it being the front door of the site. That is why it was updated last night and this morning.

The content is here, and I do like the suggestions but again I ask that folks report posts that they feel would be good FAQ material or news worthy. It is not like it was 15 years ago where we could read every post every day. That's where you the community come in. Give a heads up to cool stuff we may miss.
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote