View Single Post
Old 10-13-2018, 11:26 AM   #7
paulspickupparts

Re: 1955 Chevy truck gauge cluster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foot Stomper View Post
I gave up when trying to get mine out of the 55 Cameo so please post your findings and solutions once you get it out. This topic has come up several times and not once have I seen anyone post the cause or the remedy.
If you have a gauge cluster that is out you will notice there is a small flange where the bezel meets the actual housing. On certain trucks and on some dashes the tin work is slightly bent in . That catches the little flange on the housing I mentioned. On some trucks the slight out easily . On other trucks they will fight you all day long. If it is a salvage truck that I do not care about I slide a fine blade screwdriver next to the speedometer between the dash and the speedometer. Usually they catch along the top but can catch anywhere. If it is a truck that I intend to put back together I use OrrieG's tips and use something a little more gentle . I have used anything from putty knives to screwdrivers to hacksaw blades to help get them out. If you are going to re install you may want to reshape the rear of your dash so they some out next time. Good luck.
paulspickupparts is offline   Reply With Quote