View Single Post
Old 10-16-2018, 09:40 AM   #195
SCOTI

Re: Ridetech 4-Link Coil-Over Install

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnJ@RideTech View Post
I get what you are saying but our panhard bar is NOT straight like the one on the Mustang. (See photo below)
Because the bar is bent, obviously the weight of the bar is offset. Because of this, if you put a double heim on the bar it would rotate down towards the ground.
In a situation where the roads were bumpy or rough..the bar would "flop" up and down THEN we would be on here talking about why we didnt put a bushing in it to cut down on rotation.
The panhard bars job is to keep the rear end housing located in the center of the truck. If you take it out, there is a chance that the frame and rear end would not be centered (especially when you remove all of the rear suspension to install a 4-link) So, its not uncommon that the panhard bar doesn't fall right back into place when you reinstall all of the suspension.
Our engineering team has designed the bar to re-center the rear end in the truck, they did the math to ensure that the bar length is correct. We made one end adjustable for small adjustments where needed. If the amount of adjustment that is built into the R-Joint wont get the rear centered, then you may have something else going on.
Hopefully this clarifies why we dont use double heim ends.
Ahh..... That fills in details I wasn't aware of & negates my suggestion.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote