View Single Post
Old 10-21-2018, 11:11 AM   #87
DJ_Baar

Re: My '67 Chevy C20 "Camper Special" Build

Weather finally cooled-off and Fall is in the air here in New Orleans area, mild 70 degrees this morning And got my instrument gauge cluster back from "Classic Gauge & Cluster." Thank your Tom for the repairs/upgrades. Time to get back to finishing-up wiring this ol'truck.

Got the grill back together with all rust removed/treated, and "patina" clear coated to my satisfaction. Not perfect, but things like cleaning & painting the original bow-tie emblem with model paint and clear coating, saved a few bucks.

Door strikers set me back a bit. They were in bad shape so replaced using some savings I had at eBay. Had the passenger side done before I realized I had a Homer Simpson "Doooh" moment & had grabbed the WRONG seam sealer. Used HARDENING and had to take back apart to redo with NON-HARDENING so I could adjust the doors when hung. Another setback educational moment, reminding me this will probably be my last project

(Front fenders on only temporary and will come back off to hang doors. Cowling is just sitting in place for now until hood refit with fenders.)

Attached Images

Last edited by DJ_Baar; 10-22-2018 at 12:42 PM. Reason: caught type-O
DJ_Baar is offline   Reply With Quote