View Single Post
Old 10-23-2018, 12:02 AM   #2154
MARTINSR

Re: What did you do with your truck today, Part 3

I haven't wanted to work to get re-use the sand I am using when sand blasting, just figured not a big deal. Well, now I have a LOT of sand out behind the garage, so I swept some up and figured I would strain it and re-use it. Got some coarse screen and that is looking pretty good. There was a brace on the rear of the fender where it bolts to the cab that seemed loose, but ok, I guess that's how it was made, NO. Luckily I took at another look at that, and sure enough a row of spot welds broke. Bob Silverton, the guy who welded the brace in at the factory June 5th 1948 must have came to work drunk. Anyway I drilled out the top layer to plug weld it back.

Gas welded another small area at the other end where some cracks were and headed off to relax. So after I welded, ground metal, drilled holes, I walked into the house and fell over while pulling my pants off hitting my tail bone on the door striker in the wash room cutting an inch and a half slice in my back! Nurse Melanie took care of it, I am wondering how this will be tonight trying to sleep.

Brian
Attached Images

"Fan of most anything that moves human beings"
MARTINSR is offline   Reply With Quote