View Single Post
Old 10-23-2018, 05:26 PM   #470
smbrouss70

Re: Ratchet's Blazer - 1970 2wd with Original paint

Quote:
Originally Posted by lks dcvn View Post
Can you take some pictures of your interior - I'm trying to determine the stock color of the dash pad, door arm rests and the column for my GMC Jimmy twin of your truck. I just went through your entire build thread and only saw glimpses of the interior spots noted.

Your Blazer looks awesome by the way! Well deserved recognition at the show.
Thanks! My Blazer shows code 674 for Blue Vinyl Trim. The dash pad was pretty bad when I got it but a dark blue re-pop dash pad matched perfectly. I bought Parchment seat covers and got the front buckets done just in time for HRPT of 2015 and still haven't re-covered the back seat yet. The parchment seat covers look good in it with the white top, but they show dirt too easily for me, so I haven't decided whether I want to continue with that color change or not yet. I just can't decide what color would look good with the dark blue.

The steering column is painted body color as they all were unless you had a factory tilt, which were all black. I've added some pictures that I have on my computer to show what I have right now, if you need any others, it will have to wait until I get home from TX again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chulisohombre View Post
Glad you figured out the trans problem. Must have been to much stress innit to bend it. Or just weak metal. Much easier to keep what’s there already if you can get it running correct.
Yeah, It's working good again. I put about 80 miles on it this weekend running around with a buddy that came into town going to a couple of shows and it shifted good the whole time. I ended up having to come home in the rain which caused my wheels to be even nastier than they already were. I ordered a test size of the clear cerakote shown above to test on a wheel that nobody cares about, if that doesn't work out I may have to get a set of painted wheels that I can just hose off. I love the look of the polished Gassers, but so far I am hating the upkeep that they demand.
Attached Images

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -- Will Rogers
R.I.P. Oscar

R.I.P. Ratchet

1967 Pontiac GTO - Dad was the Original Owner
1970 Chevy 2wd SWB "Oscar's Truck"
1970 Chevy 2wd Blazer "Ratchet's Blazer"
2013 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab Duramax/Allison Z71 LTZ "Brown Sugar"
2017 Chevy Suburban "BDB"
2020 Chevy Blazer Premier "Foxy"

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Shop Build
smbrouss70 is offline   Reply With Quote