View Single Post
Old 10-25-2018, 06:24 PM   #4
Jeffh

Re: Painting a motor

Problems with the Eastwood and the POR15 is I want a specific color that they don't offer anything like. I guess I am kinda picky.

Storm,that looks great. I think I'm seeing a late model small block with the old school Chevrolet script valve covers? How did that work? I would think those heads would be center bolt.

I have the original to my '67 283 valve covers that are just plain. I would love to have a pair of Chevrolet script covers on it but don't have a spare set right now. When I moved in 1994 massive amounts of valve covers, rams horns, stock air cleaners and the like went to the recycler. By then most of it had laid around underfoot for 15 years and who would ever want that old stock stuff anyway? grrrrr highsight........

I came up with some Trio Prime and reducer in the back of my cabinet (yep thats Martin Senor not PPG) I have always been super happy with it and hopefully it hasn't sat around too long. A light spray of that and sortly followed by the Nason single stage enamel. Hopefully it works out.

Now just need a nice warm day.
Jeffh is offline   Reply With Quote