Thread: 4L60e overhaul
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2018, 10:47 PM   #5
TexasT

Re: 4L60e overhaul

Any questions or suggestions are welcome. Any pix you want to see I'll try to get and post em up. Let me know.

As above I'm using some exedy clutches. I haven't measured them but I think the 3-4 clutches are .080 and I ordered up some .106 steels. Planning on this to get the 3-4 setup tight and will use a thinner steel or some thing to get a tight clearance on this pack. I also got the new apply and back plates. These are suppose to be the upgraded stock stuff to prevent coning of the clutch pack by the raised internal pressures. Have a sonnax .500 boost valve and spring to get those pressures up. Also have a carbon band and a corvette servo. Im hoping it will turn out well. Time will tell.

Not sure what I'm going to do for the torque converter. Probably take it out to my friends in Weatherford, Tx, Phoenix Transmission. I'm running their converter in my 2004r we overhauled a few yrs ago and really like it.

I took a 2x6 and drilled a 1 1/8" hole and clamped it to the edge of my bench to hold the input shaft and drum.

I went ahead and put the new seals on the low rev piston and slathered on some asemblee goo. Dropped it in and tapped it home with a hammer handle. Then put the spring and ring back on. Then tested it with some compressed air to make sure it worked and it does.

And I got a real lip wizard. On the last overhaul I just made my own out of plastic soda bottles. I'm stepping up.

Will post more when we do more. Maybe Saturday.
Attached Images