View Single Post
Old 11-02-2018, 09:50 AM   #309
Old57

Re: 57 GMC, frame swap, 4wd, 454 big block, 4 speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purcell69 View Post
This truck keeps looking better and better! I've always been a fan of these in the 4wd configuration and the long bed helps to carry the look in my opinion. You're making fantastic progress. The rain down here in OK has slowed me down a bit this year and I'm starting to consider what I'll be doing between now and winter storage.

I haven't checked my step in height yet, but I'd guess it's in the 20" range as well, not that I had a really tall truck in mind to begin with, but due to the frame layout on the Dodge chassis I used, I ended up there anyway.

Keep up the great work!

-Joe

Edit- I just checked where mine is sitting. My door sills are at my knee caps, 21.5” off the ground. I can see where 26” would be. Steps are definitely a must. ��
Thanks Joe, I had this truck built in my mind for a long time, and it's finally becoming a reality. I wanted the long bed too. I know a lot of guys don't like them, but I plan on using the truck and wanted the long bed for that, plus I also think it just has the right look being 4x4 and a long bed. I'm using the 73 K20 chassis with 4" lift front springs and ORD shackle flip in the rear, and this is how it sits with 33" tires. I'm happy with how it is turning out. I see your truck is making progress too, looking good!