View Single Post
Old 11-02-2018, 10:35 AM   #2225
vintovka

Re: What did you do with your truck today, Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiraclePieCo View Post
I installed my speedo pulse generator. Now I face a decision:

The truck needs some work that's beyond my capabilities in a home garage so it must be taken into town. Trouble is "town" is an hour's drive on Interstate highways over three mountain passes with 6% grades. Hardcore road test, eh? I don't have a rig that can trailer it, and getting a tow truck to my remote location would be prohibitively expensive. Pretty scary driving it so far having just put the thing together and only driven around the block! But here there's no back roads, only the freeway.
I share your dilemma. When the sun comes up i will be going to N. Bend (a 140 mile round trip) to see if they can fix the leak (again) on my newly rebuilt tranny. Coastal 101 has some real hairy spots near/on the ocean. I have AAA Premium as my co-pilot (200 mile tow) and could have had Hagerty insurance tows (unlimited 60 mile tows). If it were less than the 60 mile i would opt for the tow in a heart beat. Added plus is no gas cost!!!! (and you can go with both ways. Not a plug for them as I am a brand new customer ($@#@%@%!!!! Safeco recently DOUBLED my premium for no reason)
vintovka is offline   Reply With Quote