View Single Post
Old 11-05-2018, 11:27 AM   #73
56hotrodred

Re: 56 task force on 80 1/2 ton frame pictures

Lots getting done although shop still looks like a bomb went off. Heres a few more photos that I took a few days ago of whats happening. I have come a long ways since these were taken and will take more photos today.

You can see the lower dash extension we built and I now have it marked out in order to cut the A/C vents and a couple of gauges like the transmission temp gauge and a clock to maintain balance. The far right A/C hole is going to be tough to get to because the Vintage Air evaporator is right there but I think I can build a little box behind the A/C hole with a way to attach the ducting. I did not want to cut holes into my virgin dash.

The Ron Francis Ramjet engine wiring harness arrived on Saturday and I am well into its installation. Looks like a nice system! I have included a picture of the wood I have attached behind the seat in order to attach it. Lots of wires getting run and at this point I hope I made the hole big enough to get them all through. You can see the hole in the floor behind the seat where the wires will come up and I have outlined the spot with pencil where I will mount the Ron Francis system and my ECM.

Also started to run A/C lines in both engine compartment and under dash. Nothing is crimped yet and the lines under dash are a real pain. Not much room and some of the hoses will be seen although they will not be as visible as they are in the photo. I can still shorten them up a bit.

I am having a hard time figuring where to put the auxiliary positive and negative wiring junction blocks and want to keep them close to the battery that is on the frame under the passengers feet. They are currently wire tired to the inner fender as you can see in the picture.

By the way the inner fender is still in gray primer while I keep drilling holes to mount things!

I also got my electric wiper motor and arms so it has to go in real soon before that real estate gets filled up.
Attached Images

Last edited by 56hotrodred; 11-05-2018 at 11:39 AM.
56hotrodred is offline   Reply With Quote