View Single Post
Old 11-10-2018, 12:14 PM   #27
Coley

Re: Would you trade your glamour truck for a brand new Chevy?

I can't see trading my '72 for a brand new chevy truck for a variety of reasons.
First....I have no specific need for a brand new truck.
Second...I enjoy watching the value of the '72 rise every year
Third....my wife would not be impressed with me getting rid of the '72 for a generic new vehicle.

All that said, I do have a 'daily/utility' truck which is a 2005 Silverado/Duramax.
This is a really great truck that I bought used 10 years ago...when it was about 3-4 years old.
It was a very good used deal and made good financial sense.
Over time it has made very good transportation sense and done everything I have asked it to do with no complaint.

I could afford to buy a new truck if that is what I wanted to do...but there is no way I can responsibly see my way through to the financial loss that goes with that choice.
If a newer vehicle is needed or wanted....buy a 2-3 year old model off of someone who is in distress and has been losing their shirt trying to pay for it.
Sometimes failure is indeed the best teacher.....lol.

....plus to be quite honest.....I can't tell any of these newer vehicles apart much any more by year, model or any of the other plastic instant model/series/edition badging put on them....they are simply not special or unique despite what the marketing has pushed upon them.

All good
Coley
Attached Images

2005 Chevy Silverado HD2500/Duramax
2000 Dodge Ram 1500
Coley is offline   Reply With Quote