View Single Post
Old 11-12-2018, 12:50 PM   #2711
Dan in Pasadena

Re: Danny Boy is BAACK! w/ '55 Big Window

Just an update for my own records:

I haven't had the time to even hook up the oil pressure gauge to the truck because we're prepping for a weekend camping trip with the extended family, BUT I did pull it out of the garage.

Took it for a ride around the block, went to back it into the driveway and at idle it died. It restarted but ran like crap. It was coughing and struggling. Managed to get it up the approach but it died again and would not restart.

I know it has gas because the gauge says it's full and because I filled the tank before installing the bed wood - I haven't cut the access door to refill it yet. The fill hole is taped shut but since it ran for maybe 2-3 miles before the oil pressure thing made me shut it down I assume the lack of a vent isn't the issue(?)

Anyway, it got pushed down the driveway into the garage and will stay unaddressed until after this weekend's outing. It had been starting and running absolutely fine before. Any ideas come to mind anyone?

Dan's '55 Big Window "Build" - Well, Kinda!
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote