View Single Post
Old 11-14-2018, 10:36 AM   #229
joedoh

Re: Wamego: 1949 GMC 150

thanks fellas, I have healed. although immediately after it looked like a grapefruit under my skin.

gabe, the powdercoaters just called, I have high hopes!

installed the wiper motor and shortened the pass wiper arm 3/4". if you are using a newport wiper motor you will need to do this too. the instructions say to "bend the arms" if something binds, but the passenger arm is just too long, bending will just make it harder to attach.

56356941504__6D44F9AC-47D5-4BE8-BB28-A556288D17F7 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_2208 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

I am thinking if I am reading the wiring diagram of the s10 correctly, I can hook the motor up to the factory stalk.

more hood problems. the passenger side was in right but the drivers side was off, this is the accident side so likely needs adjusting from that anyway.

IMG_2205 by Joe Doh, on Flickr
IMG_2204 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

closer, still needs a little more..

IMG_2210 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

well crud.

IMG_2212 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

this will be the THIRD set of hood bolts I have bought, the first got lost in the shuffle when I came home with them, this set broke from repeated install/removal.

it was too late to get them so I installed the new passenger glass in the frame.

IMG_2213 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

if you havent done this job, it involves a sledgehammer. the glass fits in the channel in rubber set tape, sometimes you get lucky and the old tape stays in when you take out the broken glass, but its tighter than my wallet. some liberal tapping was needed to get the set screws back in.

then I switched out the passenger door trim for that stainless I got at the swap meet. looks good.

IMG_2215 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

I put the new chrome door handle on after that and the door swung shut. time to stop.

edit: picked up the wheels and had the tires mounted.
Attached Images

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393

Last edited by joedoh; 11-14-2018 at 06:59 PM.
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote