Old 11-14-2018, 10:55 AM   #2714
Dan in Pasadena

Re: Danny Boy is BAACK! w/ '55 Big Window

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim57 View Post
Sounds like a bad fuel pump.
Hope you get it figured out.
Kim
Funny you say that because I stopped to talk to Mike and his first question was if I could hear the fuel pump when I keyed it? I honestly haven't noticed.

Then he reminded me (I should have remembered) there is a handheld screen for the ECM under my seat. I just have to pull it out and it will likely tell me what the issue is. Supposedly it's intuitive like a smart phone so I should be able to use it.

I've been prepping our RV & new "toad" (2012 Fiat 500) for an upcoming camping trip so I moved the '55 into the garage and haven't messed with it. again. Possibly tonight after work.

I'm hoping it's fuel starvation from the lack of a vent on the filler neck. I have tape over it (still haven't installed the in-bed fill door/cap), the fuel pump fuse, or the pump has crapped - though it's brand new so I kind doubt that. As I'm typing this the thought that it drove 2-3 miles before the oil pressure issue surfaced makes me wonder if the pump was pulling against the vacuum created by the taped filler and either drew too much power -fuse blown OR actually pulled the tape off the filler into the tank and clogged the feed tube - UGH.

Dan's '55 Big Window "Build" - Well, Kinda!
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote