View Single Post
Old 11-14-2018, 11:02 PM   #2
TBONE1964
Cluster King

Re: check engine lite= knock sensor

Quote:
Originally Posted by suville View Post
as the title indicates my check engine lite came on, scanner says knock sensors ok replaced them... within a few miles engine lite again scanner says knock sensors ok well we didnt replace the wire harness first time so replaced wire harness within a few miles engine lite again mechanic say "it a runability issue" ???? ok replaced spark plugs noticed a slight difference in response yup within a few miles engine lite again. WTF Im thinking I could have a knock sensor that is defective but ??? At 95 bucks an hour for shop rate this is getting expensive and Im getting pissed ! Anyone ever experienced this situation and have any recommendations?? Im at a loss as to what the hell is going on with this confusor crap any advise or recommendation would be most appreciated. Thanks
When you replaced the knock sensors, were they torqued correctly? They are 15 ft lb each. They will absolutely get internal damage if not torqued correctly. Did you ohm the original knock sensors? They should ohm 90 to 130 ohms each, of the top of my head. May be 900 - 1300 ohms each.

I have done this job several times on several trucks and some are harder to make go away than others. Parts are so hit and miss on if they are good out of the box. If you drop a knock sensor by accident, you damage it. I see parts delivery people drop parts quite often. It is hard for me to trust any parts the first time around.

Did the rear one of the two have rust on it when you changed it. Did you get one or both knock sensor codes?

Also be prepared for the idea that that portion of your pcm is not happy any longer. Not common but it is possible.

Good luck,
Tom

I am also a dealer for Counterpart for gauge cluster parts only.

Also see my facebook page, CG&C
TBONE1964 is offline   Reply With Quote