View Single Post
Old 11-18-2018, 11:12 PM   #245
joedoh

Re: Wamego: 1949 GMC 150

thanks fellas!

rusty they sell redline and even whitewall 20s but too many ducks for me!

today was start day, even though I am confident in my double and triple checks I always pull it outside. I had hooked up the battery and turned the key inside, to my surprise the fuel pump turned on. I am used to needing a key relearn on these trucks, after having everything disconnected a while. so I shoved it outside and filled up the oil and coolant and power steering.

IMG_2291 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

that picture is actually after the "first start". the puddle underneath is from where I didnt crank the oil filter down enough a couple months ago. my neighbor is a lifesaver, and not one of those christmas flavors like pine tree or yule log, one of the GOOD flavors like cherry or pep-o-mint. he had a plethora of ways to crank down the filter, which needed a FULL TURN. haha.

IMG_2292 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

heres the quick running vid, click to play.

56427198279__11D18ED9-40AD-42AF-B5F2-E76412857DBA by Joe Doh, on Flickr

I mean this thing just JUMPED on, barely even touched the key. I mean its only been 5 months or so since it last ran but still, just LEAPT to life.

I needed to do the rear shocks and some other stuff under the bed floor like the fuel filler, and grind the cab corners some more so I pulled the bed off and DROVE in.

IMG_2302 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

did all that and worked on the passenger door latch, works like butter now.

IMG_2307 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

remember that spot on the firewall that was going to hold the PCM, then the battery, then neither? the rad overflow fits perfectly right there. . tomorrow I will button up the fuel filler and put the bed back on. then running boards, then wet sand the dash, and so on. I am hoping I can take pictures with it on thanksgiving, the door is ready to go back on!

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote