View Single Post
Old 11-25-2018, 08:04 PM   #349
Old57

Re: 57 GMC, frame swap, 4wd, 454 big block, 4 speed

I got to spend some time on the truck the last couple of days... installed the front bump stops from Offroad Design, shifter boots in and transmission cover in, horn mounted and wired up, wiper arms on and tested (Newport Engineering motor), and a little more steel cut out for my rear bumper. I sanded, prepped and masked the inner sides of the doors, side window moldings, lower windshield trim, door hinges and hood hinges. I painted those and ran taps through all the threaded holes to make sure everything was ready to bolt together. I mounted the hood hinges, painted the under side of the hood, etc. I noticed that my odometer display in my speedometer had a "blob" on the last number, so I emailed pictures and a short note of what was wrong to the manufacturer (Marshall Gauges) on Friday afternoon. They replied literally within 10 minutes, and said to send it to them and they'll fix or replace it. Great customer service there! I got it pulled out of the dash and will send it out tomorrow morning. Looking close, I think it's just a smear or something on the inner lens of the LCD odometer. I took advantage of a Black Friday sale I saw, and ordered a JBL Extreme Bluetooth wireless speaker. I'm not installing any kind of a radio in this truck, so I'm going to pair this portable speaker with my smart phone. They have pretty big sound in a small package. Anyway, here's a few pics of some of the progress. I'm going to try to get the doors and hood on and adjusted next... hopefully that goes good
Attached Images