Thread: Johns 66
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2018, 10:32 PM   #12
Johns 66

Re: Johns 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by roll_the_dice View Post
Sorry to hear about how the metal was after blasting, but you are right...at least he didn't just take your money like you said! It is nice that there are still good shops and people out there.

What are you going to do on your interior? My wife and I are debating that right now. I need to take my seat out...I can't get it to slide at all right now.
Cato and I talked about it today a little bit.....He said the original seats are really tough to work with and to get some semblance of comfort...He said he uses a frame and then builds it out of foam....said he normally tries to mold it to the owner for better comfort and then covers it however the owner wants....I think I may try to use the original looking material and leather where the vinyl originally was....I kinda like the 1992 seat...I had a 92 C1500 and Loved the seats...they were very comfortable

He then said that on the carpet he makes it...not sure how he does that but Ill trust his judgment...He said normally the carpet kits you buy that are pre-made tend not to fit like they should and kinda look like an after thought since they didn't come with it.

Once my truck goes over we can look at door panels....not sure I want to make door panels for it...kinda like the stock look but Im limited in my imagination...since he has been doing it awhile Im sure he has some ideas that I haven't thought about.

Oh...Forgot to mention I sent a box out to El Paso for chroming...I sent the head light, tail light, park lamp bezels, custom side panels, deluxe horn ring and horn button.

Bryan seems like a really nice guy and honest....Its better to know up front about the bed side...I think whomever did it before just drilled holes for the bondo to attach to.....plus they used some brass brazing instead of welding..kinda weird. He also is fabbing up my C60 Grille....gonna be trick.
Johns 66 is offline   Reply With Quote