View Single Post
Old 12-02-2018, 08:47 PM   #1
dzbowtie

small journal 327 build

hey guys, im currently working on an engine build and would like some input on cam choice. the build itself is going to be mostly stock. its a small journal 327, forged crank, new rods and pistons. the pistons are flatops with valve reliefs. all machine work has been done and everything is fresh. the block has been bored 30 over, giving a 331ci. since this project is being built for fun, im not dropping a lot of money into it. i will be using the stock 462 heads again, they also have been cleaned and trued up. i will be using an aluminum dual plane intake and a 600 cfm carb. the idea of the build is to place in a lightweight car like a chevy 2. this will be a 3 speed auto (th350) and 3.73 rear.

with that said, i have been toying around with the cam choice. i will be staying with the flat tappet. ive been thinking about some such as the 268H, xe268, and L79 (#151). im obviously not looking for "500 hp" but want a good little street engine with good low end pull. i have used these cams in the past, but never in a 327. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.