View Single Post
Old 12-04-2018, 02:33 PM   #1739
gringoloco
A guy with a truck

Re: How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10

Quote:
Originally Posted by C10_ustacould View Post
What type of paint did you use to paint the engine?

Which throttle body is this?

And... What harness and ECU are you using?
The paint is Seymour EN-48. According to my google searches it’s the most correct color and sheen with the best durability out of a rattle can. Pretty happy with how it laid out, though the pigment is a little thin and requires multiple coats. Can’t yet speak to durability.

Throttle body is a 92mm from Warr Performance. Pretty much the same China version that lots of sellers have available, but Warr takes the time to fix the minor issues that many of them have so that it’s a bolt-on, no hassle affair. Again, google/forums say it’s good, we’ll see. Looks/feels like a nice part in my hands.

For the harness/ECM I was planning on using GM, but just picked up a FiTech standalone 70050. This lets me delete the MAF which was making the air cleaner sit too high, while utilizing all of the other factory sensors/coils/injectors, etc. It also uses wideband O2s which should theoretically make tuning easier/faster.

The main reason for grabbing the FiTech was time savings as reworking the stock harness and ECM would be very time consuming and I gotta get this beast going before we move next summer. If I was running a stock engine, stock stuff would be a no-brainer, but I gotta be difficult If it sucks/I hate it, I can always go back to GM or Holley for a harness/ECM, though both of those options are more expensive and/or take longer to get going.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustytruck50 View Post
I understand what you're saying, but you're at warp speed compared to where I'm at!
Thanks for that, the repetitive sanding is keeeeling me

Instagram _elgringoloco_

'70 Short-Wide How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10
‘70 Blazer ConversionHow To: Ruin a Perfectly Good 4wd
'72 Highlander How To: Ruin a Perfectly Good K/5 (SOLD)
'72 Blazer 2WD How to: Ruin a perfectly good Blazer (SOLD)
'05 Yukon Daily Driven (not so stock) Yukon (SOLD)
‘07 Yukon Denali (daily)

Members met list: SCOTI, darkhorse970, 67cheby, 67cheby'sGirl, klmore, porterbuilt, n2billet, Fastrucken, classicchev, Col Clank, GSFMECH, HuggerCST, Spray-Bomb, BACKYARD88, 5150, fine69, fatbass, smbrouss70, 65StreetCruiser, GAc10boy

Last edited by gringoloco; 12-04-2018 at 02:42 PM.
gringoloco is offline   Reply With Quote