View Single Post
Old 12-04-2018, 09:41 PM   #1
Kevin_C

the age old aftermarket fender question

So I've read a lot on aftermarket fitment issues but most of the post are several years old. Have they improved? Can anyone share their recent experiences with aftermarket fenders? I've seen some good reviews on Paul's and classic has free shipping and 20% off until tomorrow. I know everyone says repair if you can but I've had less than stellar results sourcing any. My truck came with fiberglass fenders which fit horrible. Living in the north east pickings are slim. I ended up way overpaying $500 (got hosed on shipping) for a passenger fender from down south. looks like the eyebrow was repaired at some point using an overlap panel and has tons of bondo and the inside edge by the radiator is cut out. I have found a pair for $400 but the lowers are patched and at least one of the eyebrows has holes plus its a 5hr drive. I'm wondering if spending 800-1000 on aftermarket will save some headache seeing I'm building it all myself