View Single Post
Old 12-09-2018, 11:04 PM   #96
matt.quest21

Re: Matt's 1970 C10 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by el_fantasma View Post
Why did you change your mind on the Carter and how do you like the Boyd pump. Will you need to add a return?
So a few things changed my mind. On these external pumps you are supposed to locate them as close to the bottom of the tank as possible. I was worried with the Carter that I wouldn't be able to do this without the pump hanging down super low. The Carter pumps are supposed to be better than the traditional in line pumps as far as mounting location, but I didn't want to take the chance of burning up pumps because of improper location. The noise factor was another thing that changed my mind. Again, the Carter pumps are supposedly one of the quieter pumps especially when used with the mounting kit with rubber isolaters. Those two things changed my mind, so i went with Boyd's setup.

With the Boyd tank, I will have to remove 6 bolts, unplug the harness I created, and disconnect the AN fuel lines from the hard lines to drop the tank. Not too much work in my eyes.

I will need a return, but that isn't too big of an issue. I'm running hard lines along the frame and will use some type of AN line from tank to frame rail and frame rail to engine. I will also need a regulator to drop pressure for a Carb setup.

I plan on going with the Sniper setup in the future so now my fuel system will be ready for that or whatever EFI system I may go with.