View Single Post
Old 12-11-2018, 04:22 PM   #7
SCOTI

Re: 73-87 a arms on a 68?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byoung330 View Post
Oh ok. I see....i didn’t really dig to deep yet. I just wondered if the newer ones would fit. I can do the work no problem to replace the joints, I just know it’s easier to just replace the arm lol. Also, that’s one less part I have to clean and paint.
So if I were to buy a premium set of control arms, will the newer ones bolt right up? I understand I can swap a whole cross member in but I’m wondering specifically about just the arms.
Yes, 73-87 arms will 'bolt-on' to the earlier x-member. As mentioned by others, you will need the supporting 71 & later disc brake spec'd parts to go along w/them.

Also.... Any 'R' series Moog part is the same quality as store brand stuff (= no better). Just the Problem Solver line is high end now. I've never seen one of these aftermarket stamped steel style a-arms but knowing how other sheet-metal stuff is from overseas, I would be wary.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote