View Single Post
Old 12-11-2018, 08:03 PM   #198
Super_Dave

Re: 1974 C20 Soon to become a project...

UPDATE:

The electrical is all reconnected and the truck runs and drives.

The tilt steering is in.

The wing windows are in but the passenger one doesn't fit well. That door is a reproduction door and is slightly different (code for import crap?). I may have to get a used OEM and repaint it and reinstall all the guts. Hopefully everything is weather tight for the time being and I can cross the replacement door issue in a few months.

The bed has some touch up paint issues that can't be done until warmer weather in the Spring and then will be installed and we can work on fuel tank neck/folding license plate/ hidden pop-up gas cap mod.

The wiring for mirrors is routed into doors, but there are issues with the control switch. It bench tested just fine before delivering to the shop, but now it's not wanting to cooperate. Rather than pay them to wrestle with it, I am ordering some OEM Style black primer mirrors from LMC for the time being, which will cover up all the holes (we left the OEM holes alone, as the '90 Blazer power mirrors would cover them up and we wanted a fall-back option in case they failed or needed more work down the road. . . which they apparently do.)

Rear window and front bumper will be done anytime.

Door glass needs to go in after mirrors are put on because of access to bolts.

Hush Mat and carpet will be installed.

Firewall pad is in and everything back in place.

Need to decide on a custom steering wheel . . . not sure where I will head on that. Any suggestions?

Then it's upholstery and either my OEM or a swapped front seat. Would like a bench with a fold down console that doesn't require a lot of fabrication, but haven't looked around a lot to see what might work. Any input on that front will be appreciated.

More than ready for this build to be done. . . time-wise and financially. Want to have it ready for the June Cruisin' Sherwood. Will be close.
Attached Images

"Life is tough - wear a cup!"
"Old Enough to Know Better - Too Young to Resist"
"Junk is something you will need three weeks after you throw it away."
Super_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote