Thread: 47-55.1 Would you do it?
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2018, 11:03 PM   #9
mr48chev

Re: Would you do it?

If I was 20 years younger I'd think seriously about it. Donor rigs are still the issue as you never see damaged electric cars up for sale salvage wise.

Curb weight on a 2012 Prius is 3042 lbs and I think you could beat that by a bit if you swapped the drive train into and AD truck after removing the engine trans and rear axle. run the Prius drive train as rear wheel drive with the battery pack in a box where the trans and driveshaft would go normally and Swap in a Mustang II front end and you have an old truck that runs about the same as it would with a 235 at low speeds but cruises at 70 all day long for coffee money.

Ideally you would find a Tesla model 3 at a bargain price that still had all the needed pieces and have an all electric truck that might set freeway speed records while doing it in stealth mode. Can you visualize passing someone at 90 mph an not making any noise in your hot rod truck?

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote