Thread: Wiring help
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2018, 08:31 PM   #9
Stephen717

Re: Wiring help

Ok so I'm like 90% positive that that's the same wire, and I probably should have mentioned this before, but I ran all the wires through a grommet and under the dash so they would stay hidden and the engine bay would be just a bit cleaner. I still have enough wire run to take it off the starter and move it to the junction block. I am surprised that it can't be bypassed though. As the way I currently have it wired is with the positive from the alternator to the positive lug of the starter and the main feed wire running to the same positive lug. Then I have the positive battery cable running to the starter and the ground wire going to the engine. I figured with the engine being grounded to the cab and the cab being bolted to the frame everything should be grounded good. I will rewire it so the main feed goes to the junction block and see if that helps. Also do I need the ammeter wire that runs to the junction block if I plan on switching to a volt meter? And does anything else need changed? Again thanks for all the help. I'm still figuring all this out.
Stephen717 is offline   Reply With Quote