Thread: 47-55.1 1947 3600 Frame Help
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2018, 12:00 PM   #14
paulspickupparts

Re: 1947 3600 Frame Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dachshund View Post
Paul - Our phone conversation lasted less than a minute - you never let me fully explain what I was after. So I gave up. This left me with the impression that you were too busy to help.
Galen

After I received your pm we were able to make contact by phone. I mainly wanted to reach out because another poster had given my name as a referral.

In our phone conservation I explained that I have a lot of these trucks and had another request from another bolter in the past year . I explained that at that time I had take out many different springs. All were bad . You explained that the springs have brass bushings and you could replace the brass bushing. At that time I stated that on the springs I removed the brass bushing not only gone from wear but the eyelet in the spring itself was egg shaped and heavily worn. They were beyond use. That is on the springs that the ends are not broke off or cracked. So I suggested having a spring company building the upper leaf with and eyelets and use your other pack. For some reason you were not very interested in an aftermarket spring and frustrated that I could not help. I also explained that New Old Stock NOS rear hangers sometimes appear on ebay (rarely) but do appear. You did not seem receptive to that idea either. I was just trying to help you find a solution to your problem .

I NEVER stated it was too much of a "HASSLE" . I did state that I would not have much success in finding a good one. And if I did, and gave you the spring for free, and only charged you labor, the price would be more than you buy a new one.

I guess if this is ZERO help (sorry for the shouting) then I am a zero.

OH , as far as

"Paul - Our phone conversation lasted less than a minute - you never let me fully explain what I was after. So I gave up. This left me with the impression that you were too busy to help. "
I explained all of the above . If I was able to do that in less than a minute I must have talked very fast .

SO.............. I looked at my phone . ON November 8 you called at 7:53 A.M. and at 9:01 A. M . I missed your calls . I returned your call at 10:43 A.M. . Our phone conversation lasted 3 minutes and 42 seconds. Sigh..................................

There are two spring companies that make new springs near you . St Louis Spring and another if not two in Kansas City.

Last edited by paulspickupparts; 12-19-2018 at 01:52 PM.
paulspickupparts is offline   Reply With Quote