View Single Post
Old 01-03-2019, 04:16 PM   #35
saxart

Re: values of our trucks on the increase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coley View Post
I think there is an upcoming sunset or at least a 'max' on the value of these trucks due to a seriously changing demographic coming up behind us.

To understand this, all the truck guys here need only use their own 'kids' (ie: teens, young adults, etc) as a 'barometer' of interest relative to these classic-vintage vehicles.
Most of us guys/enthusiasts here are older and are having to build or buy their trucks for their sons (or daughters) in an attempt to 'jumpstart' the classic vehicle interest process....noting that most of them (unlike most of us) are not actively doing this or funding this on their own....which relative to our younger experiences, is probably unique.
BINGO!! I’ve been a HS teacher for the past 26 years and can tell you that without a doubt, today’s young kids do not have much of an interest in old vehicles. The town in which I work is rural, and even those kids (who probably have more of an exposure to vintage equipment) don’t, as a group, seem to care for vehicles as anything more than a a tool, like a blender or a lawnmower. The vehicle gets them from point A to point B, and as far as they are concerned, the newer the better. I don’t fault or judge them for this, it’s just a shift in thinking. Not right or wrong, just different. Today’s kids are under so many more stresses than “we” were, it’s crazy!

Anyway, I’ve strayed from the topic, but I do agree that there will be a “sunset” on vintage vehicles in general in the coming decades because of what was mentioned. It’s inevitable.