Thread: '50 chevy 3100
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2019, 08:43 PM   #10
Matt_50

Re: '50 chevy 3100

Got a little done this morning. Got my lower steering column clamp where I wanted it. Turns our I need a new couple drill bits next time I'm at the store and I think I'll buy a bunch of nuts and bolts too, spent a lot of time just trying to scrounge some up.

I bled the brakes on my buddy's 66 mustang. Every new connection needed just a bit more tightening. Very very little room to get to them, real pain to only tighten a hair at a time. One of his shocks was shot so he decided he would get some before driving it home.

He then finished welding my gas tank cradle, it only had tacks. Now I need to drill hold down bolt holes and get those bolts too.

I thought I had or could very easily and cheaply find 5 lug rims with tires that was 5x4.75. My new disc brake pattern. No luck. I got one rim but it would be 15 bucks to swap a tire on and I still need another. Got on eBay and bought a couple of cheap adapters. For 37 bucks! I will not drive it with them. I will be ordering new rims and tires, but for now I can roll it. I wish I had a shop lol