View Single Post
Old 01-06-2019, 09:07 PM   #1765
gringoloco
A guy with a truck

Re: How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoomin View Post
Chris, I think the engine looks great. Personally I like some color comtrast, and the only time I do blocks in black is to help hide any leaks

I hate cleaning crud off more than about anything else on a project, but it's so nice when it's done.
Thanks. I like some contrast, too, but I’m concerned it might be a little busy
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65StreetCruiser View Post
I like it, think that it would look good in the truck. I have always liked the hi-po car big block look.
I do think it would pair well with the “muscle” feel of the truck with the Muncie, Hurst with white shift ball, and grey spoke wheels.
Quote:
Originally Posted by smbrouss70 View Post
It looks good like it is, but you know I like the black and orange more. I will say that if you go with it like it is, you better powdercoat that intake an aluminum color because it won't stay pretty very long in the elements. I would seal up those billet valve covers too.

Where does the A/C compressor mount?
You bring up good points, which I’m not sure I’m committed enough to the look to properly remedy. I would paint or powder the intake and probably chrome the VCs. My other option is to do similar to what you did with a scuff and shoot. Honestly, I only grabbed the billet specialties covers because I didn’t want any oil leaks with the stamped steel stockers. I definitely don’t want something I’ll have to polish all of the time, I learn from others’ mistakes

The plan for the AC compressor is stock-ish location. Need to get the motor back in and see if plan A (Alan Grove with current compressor) will work. I fear it will interfere with the steering rack, so then on to plan B (Dirty Dingo or Holley). If. One of that works, maybe I’ll save my pennies for a Holley mid mount setup or just go ahead and install that rear sliding glass I want

Quote:
Originally Posted by smbrouss70 View Post
I'm kind of wishing I had painted my engine black right about now!
LS engines don’t leak, just sayin’

Instagram _elgringoloco_

'70 Short-Wide How to: Ruin a perfectly good C10
‘70 Blazer ConversionHow To: Ruin a Perfectly Good 4wd
'72 Highlander How To: Ruin a Perfectly Good K/5 (SOLD)
'72 Blazer 2WD How to: Ruin a perfectly good Blazer (SOLD)
'05 Yukon Daily Driven (not so stock) Yukon (SOLD)
‘07 Yukon Denali (daily)

Members met list: SCOTI, darkhorse970, 67cheby, 67cheby'sGirl, klmore, porterbuilt, n2billet, Fastrucken, classicchev, Col Clank, GSFMECH, HuggerCST, Spray-Bomb, BACKYARD88, 5150, fine69, fatbass, smbrouss70, 65StreetCruiser, GAc10boy

Last edited by gringoloco; 01-07-2019 at 12:33 AM.
gringoloco is offline   Reply With Quote