View Single Post
Old 01-08-2019, 12:31 AM   #1671
special-K
Special Order

Re: My Facetruck thread.

I'll be sure to wait from now on

So I've been trying to get something started with this homeowner since before Christmas. This place is interesting. The focus has been the rancher out back because that's what he's got fixed up for staying in (not his prime res). Still needs work and some things redone.

The main house here is an 1895 mansion. This is out in farmland at the edge of what was more of a town in the 1800s than now. Been trying to find the history. Next door and closer to "Middleburg" is Bowling Brook Farms, a famous thoroughbred breeding & training farm. What I think is this place, called "Brookfield" was built by Walden or his daughter.

There is water damage in one corner that he has finally cut me loose on. Just been passing by this place, yeah yeah big house. But dayum! that house is huge!! You go into that place and it really hits you, especially going upstairs. 14' ceilings, second floor, too. In fact, there's a full attic, including dormars, turrets, etc. and it is immense. T & g floor the whole attic and the dprmars, etc. are all paneled out in beaded. There's even a bathroom up there. What a view! Must be a good 30' up.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...O5Gv-ZUUEQiZsH
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote