Thread: Frankentruck
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2019, 04:48 PM   #161
Johns 66

Re: Frankentruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwcarpenter98 View Post
All those memories are why I don't want to sell the truck even if it has to sit for awhile.

Is your trans a 700r4? Mine is a Muncie sm319 from a 65 truck. Same length as the old 3 OTT, but has a planetary gear set in place of the tailshaft. When functioning properly, the trans is designed to shift in and out of overdrive by itself. I have a plan tomorrow to execute after work so I can hopefully get it to work right
Yeah mine is a 700R4....Luckily for me my brother in law has been building transmissions for 30+ years.....so the cost is cheap...He likes beer...LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwcarpenter98 View Post
Well, I have some unfortunate news... Solenoid is bad. Full of gear oil, which causes them to fail, and won't do anything when I put direct power to it. I did pull the governor out and check it, and it seems that it is ok. The governor isn't really a common failure point like the solenoid is, so I'm not too concerned about that part
Good news is you found out the issue and now you can fix it...Im sure once its fixed your mileage will be a lot better

Last edited by Johns 66; 01-11-2019 at 04:59 PM.
Johns 66 is offline   Reply With Quote