Thread: Johns 66
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2019, 03:14 PM   #255
Johns 66

Re: Johns 66

To continue of the previous post...I did noticed that the side glass was pretty scratched up...I cleaned it and the polished the glass but wasn't able to get the scratches out.....One side had a vertical scratch that ran from top to bottom...not sure what caused it but it happened over a period of time...so looks like I am gonna have to get some new side glass...Classic Chevy has them for about 38.00.

I am also gonna go to the hardware store to see if I can find the screws that hold everything to the door...several of the screws heads were pretty messed up...these vendors charge a good price for all these screws ranging from .35 to .75 a piece...I already had bought the door panel screws just need the ones that hold the parts onto the door.

Lastly I read kdads build and he had mentioned a sandblasting attachment that goes on your pressure washer...I pm'd him and he sent me the link and I ordered one..it was 45.00 shipped so if it works half as good for me as it did him it will make doing my frame and a few other things a whole lots better....seem to be pretty well made and my pressure washer is 4000 psi so it should do well.
Attached Images

Johns 66 is offline   Reply With Quote