Thread: Johns 66
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2019, 06:10 PM   #263
Johns 66

Re: Johns 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by roll_the_dice View Post
Amazing how long it takes to do things like that.
Buddy you aint never lied.....and today I continued. I ended up painting the frames a couple of times trying to get them to look as good as my abilities and knowledge allow me.

Today I started the assembly of the passenger side. The repop rubber kits wasn't too bad once I learned how to hold my mouth and stand on one foot facing east. I also had bought a new handle awhile back so I got it installed as well.

Once I greased the inside of the rubber it went into the track a little easier than without. AND when installing the handle you have to push hard to collapse the little spring...or you will forever be trying to put the drive pin in that holds the handle. I didn't bend the tabs over on the nut because I still have to install the rivets and wanted to make sure that I could easily remove if need be. Now that this one is together I will take the drivers side apart and start on it. It may not be showroom new but sure beats the heck out of 300.00 for some repop ones....and I know these fit

Still have to install the window channel felt on the back side but gonna wait til I get the rivets installed
Attached Images

Last edited by Johns 66; 01-18-2019 at 06:30 PM.
Johns 66 is offline   Reply With Quote